Pass conversations between bots and agents based on key phrases that appear in the conversation. For example, you might want want a conversation to be passed to an agent when the bot sends the message “A rep will be with you in just a moment” or when a customer uses the word "agent".
Before a conversation's handed over from a bot to an agent, bot conversations will not appear in the dashboard or create an incoming request. After the conversation’s handed off from the bot, it appears as a new conversation in the dashboard (along with past interactions with the bot).
To set up bot handover
- Select the Admin icon, then the Automations tab.
- In the Chat bot handover section, toggle the setting to enabled.
- In the Receive from bot field, enter the string that should move the conversation from a bot to your incoming requests list.
- In the Transfer to bot field, enter the string that should move the conversation from your list of conversations back to the bot.
- For the Transfer to bot phrase to also automatically mark the conversation as done, select the Mark conversation as done checkbox.
- Click Save.