Set up Auto Responder messages to automatically reply to visitors when your agents are busy or operating hours are offline.
In order to use Auto Responder messages, you must enable operating hours. For details, see Setting up operating hours.
To set up Auto Responders
- Select the Admin icon, then Automation > Facebook.
- In the Responder Interval field, enter the number of minutes that should pass before an auto response fires a second time. This setting helps avoid bombarding visitors with automatic messages. The default value is 10 minutes.
- To automatically send a message to visitors who have been waiting for a response for a while, enable the Idle Message setting.
- Enter the number of seconds after waiting for a response that the message should fire. The default value is 300 seconds.
- Enter the content of the idle message you want to send.
- To automatically respond to visitors who message you outside of your operating hours, enable the Offline Message setting.
- Enter the content of the offline message you want to send.
- Click Save.