Administrators can set up Facebook, Twitter, or LINE channels to better support your users. For Facebook and LINE channels, you can add multiple pages or accounts as different profiles.
Managing channels and profiles
This section will discuss how to add and edit channels and profiles in Message. If you would like to add your LINE accounts, you will need to perform additional steps described in Adding LINE.
This section contains the following topics:
Adding channels and profiles
In Message, you can easily add channels in the Active conversations or Done conversations pages.
To add a channel
- Click the dropdown menu next to All Channels.
- Click Setup next to the channel you would like to add.
- Enter your credentials and follow the instructions provided by the channel.
Note: LINE requires additional steps. See Adding LINE.
- Click Done.
To add additional profiles
- In Message, click the Admin icon.
- Select either the LINE or the Facebook channel.
- Click the Add profile or Add account, then proceed with the channel's instructions. For information on LINE, see Adding LINE.
Editing and deleting profiles
In Message, you cannot make changes to a channel overall and instead must edit individual profiles. To unlink a channel from your Message account, you must delete every individual profile.
To edit profiles
- Click the Admin icon.
- Select the channel and profile you want to edit.
- In the Profile tab you can perform the following actions:
- Edit the name of the profile
- Change the timezone the profile uses for operating hours
- Copy the URL visitors use to chat with the profile
- Click Save when finished.
You can also use the Responders and Integrations tabs to edit Auto Responders, operating hours, and bot handover. See Setting up Auto Responders, Setting up operating hours, and Setting up bot handover.
To delete a profile
- When editing the profile, click the Delete button at the bottom of the Profile tab.
To connect your LINE account to Message requires additional steps both in Message and LINE. This section will instruct you on how to prepare your LINE account to connect with Message and a more detailed explanation of the setup steps in Message.
To set up your LINE account for message
- Navigate to the LINE Business Center sign in page (LINE Business Center).
- Enter your LINE Business Center email address and password. If you do not have an account with LINE Business Center, LINE will prompt you to create one.
- After signed in, click the Accounts tab, then Your accounts.
- Select Messaging API.
You will be redirected to the Messaging API information page.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Start using Messaging API button.
- Enter your account name and business type.
- Click the OK button at the bottom of the page, then Apply.
- Click the LINE@ Manager button. You will be automatically redirected to the Bot Settings page.
Note: If you are not redirected to the Bot Setting page, you can access it in Settings> Bot Settings on the left sidebar.
- Click Enable API.
- Under Request Settings>Use webhooks, select Allow.
- At the top of the page next to Status, click the LINE Developers link.
After you agree to the Terms of Service, you will be redirected to the Channel Basic Information page.
- In Message, navigate to Admin>Line, then click the Add account button.
A pop-up window will open containing instructions on connecting your LINE account.
- Enter or enable the information required in the Message instructions. You can click Next in the pop-up window to proceed onto the next step.
You can access the information in the following locations in LINE:
- Channel Access Token: At the bottom of LINE Developers>Channels>Basic Information, click Issue next to Channel Access Token to generate the token.
- Channel Secret: At the top of the Basic Information page, click the Show button next to Channel Secret.
- Webhook URL: At the bottom of the Basic Information page, click the Edit button. Paste the URL from Message and save.
- Allow Webhooks: You should have already have allowed webhooks under LINE@ Manger>Bot Settings>Request settings. See the previous steps for instructions.
- Profile name: Enter your profile name for Message.
- Click Finish when you have completed all the Message instructions.
After you finish inputting this information, your LINE and Message account will be connected.