Administrators can set up Facebook, Twitter, or LINE channels to better support your users. For Facebook and LINE channels, you can add multiple pages or accounts as different profiles.
Managing channels and profiles
This section will discuss how to add and edit channels and profiles in Message. If you would like to add your LINE accounts, you will need to perform additional steps described in Adding LINE.
This section contains the following topics:
Adding channels and profiles
In Message, you can easily add channels in the Active conversations or Done conversations pages.
To add a channel
- Click the dropdown menu next to All Channels.
- Click Setup next to the channel you would like to add.
- Enter your credentials and follow the instructions provided by the channel.
Note: LINE requires additional steps. See Adding LINE.
- Click Done.
To add additional profiles
- In Message, click the Admin icon.
- Select either the LINE or the Facebook channel.
- Click the Add profile or Add account, then proceed with the channel's instructions. For information on LINE, see Adding LINE.
Editing and deleting profiles
In Message, you cannot make changes to a channel overall and instead must edit individual profiles. To unlink a channel from your Message account, you must delete every individual profile.
To edit profiles
- Click the Admin icon.
- Select the channel and profile you want to edit.
- In the Profile tab you can perform the following actions:
- Edit the name of the profile
- Change the timezone the profile uses for operating hours
- Copy the URL visitors use to chat with the profile
- Click Save when finished.
You can also use the Responders and Integrations tabs to edit Auto Responders, operating hours, and bot handover. See Setting up Auto Responders, Setting up operating hours, and Setting up bot handover.
To delete a profile
- When editing the profile, click the Delete button at the bottom of the Profile tab.
To connect your LINE account to Message requires additional steps both in Message and LINE. This section will instruct you on how to prepare your LINE account to connect with Message and a more detailed explanation of the setup steps in Message.
To set up your LINE account for Message
- Navigate to the LINE developers portal (LINE Developer).
- Click the Messaging API button.
- Enter your LINE account credentials. If you have not created a LINE account yet, please consult the LINE documentation for instructions.
- If you created a new account, you will need to confirm your credentials, then click Register.
- On the left sidebar, select a provider or click Add new provider.
Note: If you are creating a new provider, you will need to enter additional information for the provider, then select the provider again.
You will be redirected to the Channel settings page.
- Under Message Settings>Use webhooks, click the pencil icon.
- Select Enabled, then click Update.
- In Message, navigate to Admin>LINE, then click the Add account button.
A pop-up window will open containing instructions for connecting your LINE account.
- Enter or enable the information required in the Message instructions. You can click Next in the pop-up window to proceed onto the next step.
You can access the information in the following locations in LINE:
- Channel Access Token: Underneath Messaging settings, click the Issue button.
- Channel Secret: Underneath Basic information, click the Issue button.
- Webhook URL: Underneath Basic information, click the pencil icon. Paste the URL from Message and update.
- Allow Webhooks: You should have already have allowed webhooks under Basic information. See the previous steps for instructions.
- Click Finish when you have completed all the Message instructions.
After you finish inputting this information, your LINE and Message account will be connected.