Not every visitor that comes to your website is the same. Each customer that starts a chat may have a different request, one could be about shipping rates, while another could be about product returns, a third may not even speak the same language. For larger teams, it’s impractical for an agent to be knowledgeable about each product area, let alone multilingual.
To accommodate a wide variety of customers and ensure they get prompt and relevant support we’re launching the beta of a new feature - Skill Based Routing.
What are Skills?
Skills could be languages that your agent understands, knowledge area or products that your agent is trained on, types of visitors/customers that they serve, or geographies that they serve.
Skills-based routing provides a way to identify and assign chats based on agent capabilities.
Is Skills-Based Routing relevant for you?
Skills Based Routing will be useful if -
- You receive chats from visitors based in different geographies, across multiple languages, with different types of queries, or belonging to different business units.
- The current Departments feature is is not sufficient to distribute chats based on your visitor segments.
- Each agent or group of agents has been trained or achieved expertise in specific area(s). While every agent can respond to each visitor, you want to try to have your visitors get access to the best suited agent.
- You have agents organized into tiers - Tier 1 and 2 and require chats to be first distributed amongst Tier 1 agents. Tier 2 agents should be assigned chats only if Tier 1s are busy or not available.
What will the Skills-Based Routing beta do?
Functionality available with beta -
- Create Skills
- Assign Skills to an agent
- Distribute chats to your agents based on skills
- Re-assign chats if agents with required skills are busy
Create and assign skills to agents
Assign chats based on agent skills so that every interaction is ‘great’ for the visitor
If you are interested in joining the beta, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Account is on the 'Premium' plan and should be using Chat Routing in Assignment mode
- You are an administrator of the Chat account
Join the Beta
If you are interested in joining the beta and meet the prerequisites listed above, please fill out this short form and we will get in touch with you.