The Chat team have been working on a brand new iPhone and iPad app and we are ready to give some customers early access. The new version of the app has been written from the ground up and matches most functionality found in our recently updated Android app.
Beyond the new look and feel, here are some highlights of the changes you will see in the new version of the app:
- iPad Support: We have worked hard to bring iPad support to the Chat app and it will support split view to help with multi-tasking on the go
- Multi-session support: Now that the new version of the app is on the same infrastructure as the Android app, you can now be logged into two mobile devices and one desktop session without getting logged out
- Localised + Accessible: The app is now fully localised to match the language support in the web dashboard (over 27 languages). We have also worked hard to make the app friendly to people who need to use accessibility services like VoiceOver to operate their phone or tablet
- And more! We added smaller features that were asked for, like the ability to ban visitors from the app and support for agent-to-agent chats
The finishing touches are being worked on right now but we want to give interested customers early access to help us provide feedback on the changes and help us find any lurking bugs.
If you are interested in getting early access to the new app, you will need to make sure your device meets the following requirements:
- iPhone or iPad is on iOS 10 and above
If you meet the device requirements and are interested, please fill out the registration form and we will reach out to you with instructions on how to install the new version of the app.
Once you have installed the app, you can provide any feedback you might have via the beta community topic.