- Online: Signifies you're available to answer chats.
- Away: Signifies internally to other agents that you're away from your computer. You can still serve chat requests when your status is Away. If you use the Classic widget, it shows your Away status to visitors. For details on the Classic widget, see Customizing the chat widget.
- Invisible: Lets you log into the dashboard but not be visible as online. You can still get incoming chat requests and serve chats if you're invisible. If all chat agents are invisible, the widget will not appear online to visitors and Chat triggers will not fire.
Manually changing your status
You can change your status from the dashboard.
- To change your status once you're already logged in, click the dropdown menu in the upper-left corner of the dashboard.
Setting your idle timeout preferences
You can set your status to automatically change from Online to Invisible or Away when you're away from your computer for a while. When your status changes, a window appears letting you know:
These settings affect only your status, not other agents' in your organization.
Note that if you've set up a schedule with operating hours, the schedule overrides your idle timeout settings. For more information, see Creating a schedule with business hours (Professional and Enterprise),
To set up idle timeout
- In the dashboard, select Settings > Personal.
- Select the Idle Timeout tab.
- Select the Enable Idle Timeout check box.
- If you don't want your status to change when you have open chats, select the Ignore if Chatting check box.
- Next to Idle Status, select whether you want your status to change to Away or Offline when you're idle.
- Next to Inactivity Period, enter how many minutes you should be idle before your status changes. The default value is 15 minutes.
- Click Save Changes.
Viewing other agents' online statuses
You can see which other agents are logged into your dashboard and online by clicking Team in the left panel of the dashboard.
The Agents Logged In window opens, which shows you a list of the agents currently logged in by department, as well as whether they have admin privileges and how many chats they currently have.