Note: The Zendesk Chat for WordPress integration is only supported for standalone chat accounts. Accounts integrated with Zendesk Support cannot use Zendesk Chat for WordPress. For information on connecting an integrated account, see the Support for Wordpress plugin.
If you use WordPress, follow one of the sets of steps below to add the Zendesk Chat widget to your site.
To add the Zendesk Chat widget via plugins
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the Zopim app or upload the .zip file downloaded from the Zopim website and click Install Now.
- After the plugin is installed, click Activate Plugin.
- Select Zopim Widget > Account Setup.
- Enter your login credentials and click Link Up.
To add the Zopim widget via the Appearance menu
- Select Appearance > Editor.
- Paste your Zopim live chat script in the Footer section, before the </body> tag.
Note: To find your Zopim embed code, see this article.
- Click Update File.