Note: Accounts integrated with Zendesk Support, or customers using Chat Phase 4 (Chat-only or integrated) cannot use the Zendesk Chat for WordPress integration does is only supported for standalone chat accounts. For information on connecting an integrated account, see the Support for Wordpress plugin. If you are unsure what type of account you're using, see Determining your Zendesk Chat account type.
If you use WordPress, follow one of the sets of steps below to add the Zendesk Chat widget to your site.
To add the Zendesk Chat widget via plugins
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the Zopim app or upload the .zip file downloaded from the Zopim website and click Install Now.
- After the plugin is installed, click Activate Plugin.
- Select Zopim Widget > Account Setup.
- Enter your login credentials and click Link Up.
To add the Zopim widget via the Appearance menu
- Select Appearance > Editor.
- Paste your Zopim live chat script in the Footer section, before the </body> tag.
Note: To find your Zopim embed code, see this article.
- Click Update File.