This article lays out the basic steps you should complete to get started with Zendesk Chat.
Creating a Zendesk Chat account
When you sign up for Zendesk Chat, you get a 30-day free trial of the Premium plan. After the 30 days, you can choose a paid plan or continue to use Chat for free with the Lite plan. For details on the plan options, see Zendesk Chat's pricing page.
You can either sign up for Chat through your Zendesk Support account or sign up for a standalone Chat account. For details, see Setting up Zendesk Chat in Support or Signing up for a Zendesk Chat account.
Setting up Chat features
- Triggers: Automatically send or reply to chats when certain conditions are met.
- Shortcuts: Set up shortcuts so agents can quickly insert common phrases with a few keys.
- Pre-Chat form: Require visitors to provide select information, like their contact information or the subject of their question.
- Widget customization: Customize the chat widget to match the look and feel of your company's website.
- Tracking conversions: Measure business goals with the conversion tracking feature.
Adding Chat to your website
Embed the live chat script, available under Settings > Widget, by copying and pasting it into your existing website's HTML. For details, follow the instructions available here.