This article lays out the basic steps you should complete to get started with Zendesk Chat.
Creating a Zendesk Chat account
When you sign up for Zendesk Chat, you get a 14-day free trial of the Premium plan. After the 30 days, you can choose a paid plan or continue to use Chat for free with the Lite plan. For details on the plan options, see Zendesk Chat's pricing page.
Setting up Chat features
- Triggers: Automatically send or reply to chats when certain conditions are met.
- Shortcuts: Set up shortcuts so agents can quickly insert common phrases with a few keys.
- Pre-Chat form: Require visitors to provide select information, like their contact information or the subject of their question.
- Widget customization: Customize the chat widget to match the look and feel of your company's website.
- Tracking conversions: Measure business goals with the conversion tracking feature.
Adding Chat to your website
Embed the live chat script, available under Settings > Widget, by copying and pasting it into your existing website's HTML. For details, follow the instructions available here.