Before your visitors can start chatting with you, you’ll need to add the widget to your site by embedding the Zendesk Chat widget script in your HTML source code.
To access the live chat script/embed code
- From the dashboard, select Settings > Widget > Getting Started tab.
- Copy the embed script, as shown in the example below:
- Log into your website editor.
- Find the section where you can edit your site's HTML.
- Look for the header tags (<head> and </head>) in your HTML.
- Paste the live chat script in between the header tags (either right after the <head> tag or right before the </head> tag.
- Save and publish your changes.
- Refresh your website and the widget should be visible.