There are three roles that users in Zendesk Chat can be assigned to.
- Account owner: The person who set up the account. In addition to agent and administrator privileges, the account owner can access the account management page at https://www.zopim.com/account/, where they can upgrade or downgrade the account's plan, change billing information, access invoices, and cancel the account.
- Administrator: In addition to regular agent privileges, administrators can edit settings under Settings Widget and Account, as well as manage agents, triggers, and departments. They can delete chats from History. For Advanced and Premium accounts, they can also use Analytics.
- Agent: Agents can create shortcuts, ban visitors, and view past chats in History.
Note that both the account owner and administrators count towards your number of allowed agents.
You can edit agent and administrator roles from the dashboard and change the account owner from the account management page.
To add or remove an agent's administrator privileges
- From the dashboard, select Settings > Agents.
- Click an agent's name from the list.
- Next to Role, select or clear the Administrator check box.
- Click Save Changes.
For details about adding agents, see Creating agents and departments.
To change the account owner
- Go to https://www.zopim.com/account/.
- In the Change Account Owner section, select a different administrator from the dropdown menu.
- Click Change account owner.