This article reviews the default roles available in Zendesk Chat. This article does not apply to Zendesk Chat accounts integrated with Zendesk Support. See Setting up Zendesk Chat in Zendesk Support.
If you're using Chat Enterprise, you can also create customized roles to control agent access on a more granular level. For details, see Creating custom Chat roles and assigning permissions.
- Account owner: The person who set up the account. In addition to agent and administrator privileges, the account owner can access the account management page, where they can upgrade or downgrade the account's plan, change billing information, access invoices, and cancel the account. To change the account owner, follow the instructions in this article.
- Administrator: In addition to regular agent privileges, administrators can edit settings under Settings > Widget and Account, as well as manage agents, triggers, and departments. They can delete chats from History. For Professional and Enterprise accounts, they can also use Analytics.
- Agent: Agents can create shortcuts, ban visitors, and view past chats in History. If you are using custom roles, you can assign them to agents (see Assigning roles to agents).
Note that both the account owner and administrators count towards your number of allowed agents.
If you're using a standalone Chat account, you can follow the steps below to change the account owner. If your Chat account is integrated with Support, you will need to change the account owner in Support.
To change the account owner
- Navigate to www.zopim.com/account.
- Under the Change Account Owner, select a new agent to as the owner.
- Click the Change Account Owner button.