Triggers allow you to set up automated actions when certain conditions are met. Chat triggers will not fire if:
- No agents are online.
- All agents' availability status is set to Invisible (see Setting your availability status).
To create a trigger
- From the dashboard, select Settings > Triggers.
- Click Add Trigger.
- Enter a name and brief description for your trigger.
- Click Enabled at the top to enable your trigger.
- If the trigger should fire only once per individual, select the Each visitor will receive this message only once check box.
- In the Customize Trigger section, use the Run trigger drop-down to select the event that should fire the trigger. In our example, we want to check the page URL whenever a visitor loads a page on your site, therefore select the first option.
- Under Check conditions, click + to add a condition.
- Select actions under Perform the following actions. To add placeholders, type @.
- Click Create Triggers.