Triggers allow you to set up automated actions when certain conditions are met. If all agents' availability status is set to Invisible, Chat triggers will not fire (see Setting your availability status).
To create a trigger
- From the dashboard, select Settings > Triggers.
- Click Add Trigger.
- Enter a name and brief description for your trigger.
- Click Enabled at the top to enable your trigger.
- If the trigger should fire only once per individual, select the Each visitor will receive this message only once check box.
- In the Customize Trigger section, use the Run trigger drop-down to select the event that should fire the trigger. In our example, we want to check the page URL whenever a visitor loads a page on your site, therefore select the first option.
- Under Check conditions, click + to add a condition.
- Select actions under Perform the following actions. To add placeholders, type @.
- Click Create Triggers.