If you use Shopify, you can follow the instructions below to access your Shopify customer data within Zendesk Chat and add the Chat widget to your Shopify storefront.
Note: Zendesk Chat for Shopify is only available for Chat accounts that are integrated with Zendesk Support. See Setting up Zendesk Chat in Zendesk Support.
To set up Zendesk Chat with Shopify
- Navigate to the Zendesk Chat app page in the Zendesk Apps Marketplace (see Zendesk Chat).
- Click Get.
- You will be redirected to an Authorization page, click Install app.
- Enter your Zendesk subdomain, then check the I agree to the Shopify Agreement box.
- Click Login.
- Click Allow to permit Shopify to access your Zendesk account.
- Ensure the Enable Zendesk Chat widget is toggled to embed Zendesk Chat in your Shopify storefront.
- Ensure the Enable Shopify App in Zendesk Chat is toggled to add your Shopify customer data to Zendesk Chat.
- Under Enable Shopify App in Zendesk Chat, select the information you would like to integrate in your Zendesk Chat.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to update any changes to the information.
- Click Save at the top of the page when you are finished.