Zendesk Chat is a web-based SaaS (software as a service) application that runs in a web browser.
Zendesk Chat supports the following browsers running in Windows or Mac OS X. Your browser must be a stable release version, not an Alpha/Beta/Nightly/Development build. This applies to all browsers, regardless of operating system.
If you are using Chat inside of Zendesk Support, you should also check the Zendesk Support system requirements doc.
If you are using Zendesk Chat in the Web Widget (instead of the standalone chat widget), you should check the Web Widget requirements also.
For the agent/administrator dashboard interface:
- Google Chrome: latest two versions
- Mozilla Firefox: latest two versions
- Apple Safari: latest two versions
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v.11 and higher
- Microsoft Edge
Note: If you're using Chat-Support integration with Internet Explorer, you might need to edit your browser settings. For details, see Managing third-party browser cookies for Chat-Support integration.
For desktop notifications in the agent/administrator dashboard interface:
- Google Chrome v.22 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox v.22 and higher
- Apple Safari v.6 and higher
- Microsoft Edge v.14 and higher
For the Chat widget (visitor requirements):
- Google Chrome v.25 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox v.21 and higher
- Apple Safari v.6
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v. 9 and higher
Note: Keep in mind that Internet Explorer 11 is susceptible to memory leaks, which may impact performance.
- latest two major versions of Safari on iOS
- latest version of Chrome on iOS
- latest two major versions of Chrome on Android
- latest version of Firefox on Android
- Cookies must be enabled
- localStorage must be enabled
- TLS v1.0 or above
For the agent mobile apps:
- Apple iOS 7 and higher
- Google Android 4.0.3 and higher
For the SDK:
- Apple iOS 6.0 and higher
- Google Android 2.3 (API Level 9) and higher