This guide shows you how to get Zendesk Chat integrated with Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
Please note that:
- Salesforce only allows API/integration on Enterprise plans and up.
- Salesforce integration creates cases and not leads.
1. Log into your Zopim Account Integration page and click on Salesforce.
2. Tick the options you wish to implement. Then click on "Connect with Salesforce".
3. Log in with your Salesforce Username and Password.
4. Verify the account if needed. Check your email for verification code sent by Salesforce.
5. Once verified, you should see this screen for confirmation. Just click on "OK".
6. Ensure that the options you need are enabled. Once you see this screen, it means that your Zopim has been integrated already with Salesforce.
[Totally optional] This feature works best when your visitors leave their email addresses. We suggest enabling the Pre-Chat Form by logging into the Dashboard > Widget > Forms. You can also make it compulsory for visitors to leave their email addresses. You can also key in / edit the email address manually every time you create a case.
You can then perform some test chats to see if cases are being created.
Once the customer submits the form, your chat operators can attend to them as per normal. The magic comes after they leave the site. Your agent will be able to create a Salesforce case for this customer, simply by clicking on the link that appears.
After clicking on the link, you have the option of editing the data, before a case is created on Salesforce. Once you’re done editing, click on “Create Case”.
This immediately creates a case on Salesforce. All vital information from the chat, including the transcript, country, IP address, etc.. are included within the case description. The sales representative attending to the customer would have all these information at his fingertips prior to contacting them.
That’s not all! What’s interesting is that when the customer returns to the site at a later time, Zopim looks up Salesforce, and provides their Salesforce profile to the chat operators attending to him. This is done by looking up their email within Salesforce.
That's it! You should now be able to seamlessly use Salesforce with your Zopim Live Chat.