You can use the Chat Insights dashboard to monitor your Chat activity and effectiveness. The Chat Insights dashboard can help you identify if Chat is solving your support requests, how quickly chats are completed, and how satisfied users are with chat responses.
For information on the metrics used on the Chat Insights dashboard, see Chat metrics reference.
Accessing the Chat Insights dashboard
You can view the Chat Insights dashboard directly in your agent interface. This section will instruct you on how to navigate to the dashboard. See the sections below for information on the reports available.
- Click the Reporting icon () in the sidebar.
- Select the Insights tab.
- Ensure Insights - View Only is selected from the drop-down list on the left.
- Select the Chat tab.
Note: If you have several different Insights - View Only tabs, you might need to use the left or right arrows (>) to find the Chat tab.
You will then be located on the Chat Insights dashboard. For information on the Chat Insights reports, refer to the sections below:
Filtering the reports to see specific department performance
You can filter the dashboard to show metrics by Date, Chart Department ID, or Tag. By default, Chat metrics are shown for all departments and tags for the past 30 days.
Chat headline metrics
The Chat dashboard displays your most important metrics at the top of the dashboard as headline reports. Headline reports show the overall total for the selected time period and the percentage change from the previous time period.
- Chats: The total number of chats started by visitors or agents.
- % Completed Chats: The total number of served chats that were not dropped by agents.
- Served Chat Wait Time: For served chats, the time visitors waited for a response.
- Chat Satisfaction Rate: The percentage of total chats rated good compared with the total number of chats. Chats rated good / (chats rated good + chats rated bad).
Chat Volume (Past 30 days) chart shows the number of completed chats compared to the total number of chats (Offline Chats, Dropped Chats, Missed Chats, and Completed Chats). This enables you to analyze by date how well your chat sessions are performing overall based on how many chats are completed.
Chat hourly distribution
The Hourly Distribution - Chats shows the average number of chats for each hour in a day. This enables you to analyze the time of day when your heaviest chat volume occurs and the time of day when your lightest chat volume occurs. This information can help you adjust your staffing needs to match chat volume fluctuations. Hourly distribution for chats are based on the hour the chat started.
Chat visitor experience
Visitor Experience (Past 30 days) shows the value (in seconds) for:
- Median Chat Duration: The median duration of chats, from the first to the last message.
- Chat Satisfaction Rate: The percentage of the total number of chats rated as good divided by the total number of chats (chats rated good + chats rated bad).
- Median Chat Response Time: For served chats, the median time between visitors' messages and the subsequent agents' messages throughout the chat.
- Median Served Chat Wait Time: For served chats, the median time visitors waited before the first response from an agent.
- Median Missed Chat Wait Time: For missed chats, the median time visitors waited for a response before leaving.
Chat agent engagement
Agent Engagement provides insights into agent Chat performance. You can filter agent engagement by department or by agent. This enables you to analyze how well agents are accepting and managing chats.
- Median Engagement Duration: The median duration of engagement since an agent joining a chat till agent leaves the chat or chat ends.
- Acceptance Rate: The percentage of accepted engagements divided by assigned engagements.
- Median Engagement Response Time: The median time between visitors' messages and the subsequent agents' messages in a particular engagement.
- Engagement Satisfaction Rate: Percentage of total agent engagements rated good divided by the total agent engagements (agent engagements rated good + agent engagements rated bad).
Agent performance reports for agent engagement include:
- Engagement Agent: The name of the engaged agent.
- # Assignments: The total number of engagements which were assigned to the agents.
- # Accepted Assignments: The total number of assigned engagements which were assigned to the agents.
- # Engagements Rated Good: The total number of engagements in which an agent is rated good.
- # Engagements Rated Bad: The total number of engagements in which an agent is rated bad.
- Median Engagement Duration: The median duration of engagement measured from when an agent joins a chat until the agent leaves the chat (or chat ends).
- For a list of Zendesk Chat data objects , see Insights chat metrics reference and Insights chat objects reference.
- For general information on creating custom reports, see Creating custom reports and dashboards in Insights.