Today, we’re excited to announce the early access of our redesigned agent experience which puts the visitor at the center of the conversation and gives agents the same modern experience they are likely to see in consumer messaging apps.
How will the new agent experience benefit your support team?
- Modern, intuitive messaging experience designed with the visitor in mind
- Agents can view their list of ongoing chats at a single glance
- Chats are organized by visitors, to allow ongoing conversations to continue seamlessly
- Visitor name, status, message preview, read status, and time since last response are all readily visible
- Agents can prioritize which visitors to respond to using the time since last message metric as well as the read status
- Agents can quickly move between chats from visitors and their team
What’s staying the same?
No other Zendesk Chat features will be impacted by this redesign, including tags, shortcuts, chat apps, emojis, attachments, ratings, departments, triggers, etc.
Join the early access program
To sign up for the redesigned agent experience early access, click here.
After signup, your entire team (agents and administrators) will see a prompt to opt into the new experience. We recommend that agents be allowed to opt in at their own convenience, possibly during less busy periods and familiarize themselves with the new interface.
After opting in, there will be an option to revert back to the original interface and also to provide feedback.
The early access for the redesigned agent experience offers you the chance to see the future of Zendesk Chat and gives you the opportunity to partner with us in shaping the new interface. With your valuable feedback, we will continue improving and be iterating on this new experience. Your team can post their feedback and questions in this community.
- The redesign is not available to Chat app in Support and Zendesk Chat Android /iOS app users.