The steps for changing your account owner differ based on which version of Zendesk Chat you’re using. For help determining which version you have, see Determining your Zendesk Chat account version. Then click the link below to view your instructions.
Legacy Zendesk Chat & Legacy Zendesk Chat + Support
- On your Chat dashboard, click Settings > Account.
- Click the Subscription tab, then click Account Management.
- In the Change Account Owner section, use the drop-down to select a new owner. The owner must be a current agent or administrator.
- Click Change Account Owner.
Zendesk Chat Phase 3
If you set up Chat by creating an account from within Zendesk Support, account ownership is managed in the Support interface. For more information, see the Zendesk Support article Changing the account owner.
Zendesk Chat Phase 4
If you are a Chat Phase 4 user, account ownership is managed in the Admin Center.
- Open your Admin Center at https://subdomain.zendesk.com/admin/
- Click the Account icon ().
- Use the drop-down to select a new owner. The owner must be a current agent or administrator.
- Click Save.